Mixed bag – Stay at Home
Mixed Bag – Stay at Home
The rain we are having is relentless this morning, at least it isn’t so cold, I guess thats something!
Today is a mixed bag and yes, you will read, that once more I get on my soapbox about this virus and swiftly move on to something else, as I do lol. But please, if there is something you would like to add or say, comments are open or send me an email. Obviously I won’t disclose your identity if you send comments through email. Lots of you have sent me emails in the past and asked that I don’t use them, but it would be nice if some of you left comments for me and my readers. Thanks x
Stay at home message
The government’s “stay at home message” is constantly being reiterated everywhere because the virus is so contagious. We all know what this means and we are all doing our bit under the current regulations.
I have to say though, this national lockdown is nowhere near as strict compared to the 1st lockdown. There are many more industries still allowed to open/operate which brings me to my soap box once again.
If the government wants less movement of the population, then they need to tightened measures and close more industries. The government once again is playing both sides, trying to keep our economy going (which I do understand) as well as trying to stop the spread of this virus.
The trouble with this is, you can’t have it both ways, it’s crazy, don’t you think?
“It’s not rocket science”, If the government was to play hard ball for just one month by closing the country completely down. That means NO movement what so ever and then start to loosen restrictions slowly. I’m sure we would see a massive change in transmission of the virus and putting us all in a better place to reopen the economy bit by bit.
For all that I believe no government could have handled this virus any differently, I do strongly believe the government needs to get tough and grow a pair. The sooner they do, the sooner we will get through this and start to see some normality return to our lives!
Yes, everyone is hanging on to the hope the new vaccines will solve the problem, maybe they will, but if they do, then this will also take time. As you all know, I have a curious mind. I can’t help asking myself questions about these new vaccines –
- What are the long term effects?
- If I have not contracted the virus and then take the vaccine, will the vaccine get me in someway down the road, let’s say in 5 years?
- Will these vaccines change the structure of my DNA over time?
- If people who have had the vaccine and want to start a family, will this effect their unborn child?
Just a few questions my curious mind keeps throwing up, but sadly I have so many more questions.
Ok people, I have stepped off my soapbox now lol But because talk about this virus/vaccines is being censored, someone has to say something!
I had a flu jab before Christmas, it was the first time I have indulged in any form of protection against the flu. I normally just get on with it and to be honest, I don’t normally suffer from server colds etc. With all the hype around this virus and because it’s the flu season, I thought I would give it ago.
I haven’t felt great since having this jab, I assumed I would get a few minor symptoms of a cold. However, over the weeks since having this jab, I have had cold like symptoms i.e runny nose etc. Anyone else having the same problem? Normally, my body is resilient and fights on, but I just can’t seem to shake this off 😟
Here is a little something that was sent to me a few days ago and I wanted to share with you all
1. Once all villagers decided to pray for rain. On the day of prayer, all the people gathered, but only one boy came with an umbrella. That is faith.
2. When you throw babies in the air, they laugh because they know you will catch them. That is trust.
3. Every night we go to be without any assurance of being alive the next morning, but still we set alarms to wake up. Thats hope.
4. We plan big things for tomorrow in spite of zero knoledge of the future. That is confidence.
5. We see the world suffering, but still, we get married and have children. That is love.
6. On an old man’s shirt was written a sentence “I am not 80 years old; I am sweet 16 with 64 years of experience.” That is attitude .
Have a happy day and live your life like these six stories. Remember – Good friends are the rare jewels of life, difficult to find and impossible to replace!