Ho Ho Ho – Sausage Rolls
Ho Ho Ho – Sausage Rolls
Try this recipe for tasty Sausage Rolls and start off the seasons festivities
This Sausage Roll Receipt is so easy and the whole family will luv them
Makes approx 24 Sausage Rolls – Cooking 15-20 mins or until the pastry is golden brown and the sausage meat is cooked through – Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- Sausage meat (I always buy mine from Duncans the Butchers, it’s his own and it definitely makes a difference)
- 2 x Tulip Shallots
- Knob of Butter for cooking
- Sage and onion stuffing
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- A couple of shakes of Tabasco sauce
- 1 Pinch dried Thyme
- Freshly ground Black pepper
- Pastry ready-roll, either short crust or puff
- 1 x small egg beaten or milk for glazing
- Non stick backing tray but any non stick pan will do
- Peel and chop finely your shallots
- Melt butter in frying pan and add shallots to soften and sweat down
- Once cooked empty onto some kitchen roll to collect excess butter
- In a large bowl place your stuffing and add just enough boiling water to allow your stuffing to swell
- Then add sausage meat, shallots, thyme, Worcestershire, Tobasco and ground black pepper. Mix together until throughly combined
- Roll out your pastry and place a line of sausage meat filling the length of the pastry.
- Take the edge of the pastry and gently pull over the sausage meat. The filling will roll with the pastry.
- Cut along the base of the fold and brush your egg or milk under the fold to seal the pastry to the base.
- With a sharp knife cut the roll into 2-3inch lengths.
- Take a fork and puncture the top of the pastry a couple of times
- Place your sausage rolls onto the backing sheet and glaze with egg or milk
- Place into a preheated oven for approximately 15-20 minutes, until golden brown and sauage meat is thoroughly cooked.
Now enjoy your labour – mmm yummy!
This is when we should have picture that give off aromas, believe me when I say, they smell delicious and one is never enough lol
Maybe you should have ago this weekend and spoil your other half with your culinary delights…
Have fun people what ever you decide to do this weekend.
Take care of you and yours,
Don’t be shy and send me some pictures of your sausage rolls… Email me at email@example.com
Whats Coming up…
Just a taste of whats coming up in December
December Tale – True Story, you wont want to miss this. Hopefully with enough detail to picture my lustfulness.
Sue’s Christmas Special – For 3 days only
Sue’s Naughty Christmas Quiz – Funny and saucy
Win a £30.00 discount – For the month of December